Your five day tour starts in Belfast, the ship building city responsible for the Titanic. As part of you tour you will travel through areas of outstanding beauty; visiting many world heritage sites and the home of world motorcycle road racing along the way. All the time you will be riding within sight of the wild Atlantic Ocean at Europe’s most western edge.
This tour is suitable for riders of all levels.
Tour highlights include: Titanic Quarter, Portrush (hometown of the NW200 race circuit and the Joey Dunlop Memorial Garden) and Causeway Coastal Route, Malin Head (Ireland’s most northerly point), Slieve League Sea Cliffs, Mullaghmore Head and the Sperrin mountains.
Leaving Belfast we head northwards along the coast road traveling through little fishing villages to the world renowned North Coast coastal route.
- Giants Causeway
- Dark Hedges
- NW 200 Road Race Course
- Joey Dunlop Memorial Garden
Leaving our overnight accommodation we again head north to Ireland’s most northerly point at Malin Head. We travel along the coast and over mountain passes on a route known locally as the Inishowen 100. Inishowen has a vast military background and many other parts that are steeped in history.
- Fort Dunree Military Fort and Museum
- Mamore Gap
- Isle of Doagh Famine Village
- Malin Head
Heading southwest through Glenties to the county town of Donegal, a market town once home to the famous O’Donnell Clan in the 17th century. Leaving Donegal town we ride the coastal road to Slieve League with some of Europe’s highest sea cliffs.With roads hugging the edge of Ireland today will give you the ultimate Wild Atlantic Way experience
- Donegal Castle
- Muckross Head
- Slieve League Sea Cliffs
- Glengesh Pass
- The Heritage Town of Ardara
Heading south again through Donegal we ride more inland to the mountain roads of Tyrone and Sligo. The route will take us through forest and moorland giving us a chance to see some wildlife. Deer, buzzards are common in this area.
- Belleek Pottery
- Glencar Waterfall
- Mullaghmore Head
- Gleniff Horseshoe Drive
- Barnesmore Gap
The final day of the tour – time to return to ferry port or airport for departure home visiting the Sperrin Mountains on the way. We will also stop and view the murals at Free Derry Wall and walk the walls of Derry.
- Walls of Derry Tour
- Glenshane Pass
- Lough Neagh (Ireland’s largest lake)
This tour is suitable for all riders. Tour distance will be approximately 1200 km over the course of the five days. Tours start at 9 a.m. each day and we try to finish about 5pm. Normally 5 hours riding with 8 hours of enjoyment.
- 4 nights bed and breakfast in a local Bed and Breakfast
- Daily itinerary
- Experienced local tour guide
- Ferry crossings
- Bike hire (bike hire can be arranged at an extra cost)
- Travel insurance (we strongly advise that all participants have their own travel insurance)
- Fuel and insurance
- Entrance fees to attractions
- The tour begins at 9.30am at a prearranged location.
- Tour finishes at 12.30pm on day 5. Finishing point is one hour from Belfast Port, two hours from Dublin Port and four hours from Rosslare Port. Allow an extra two hours if using bike hire and flights.
- It is advised that you book your ferry or flight arrival to suit starting time and finishing times. Alternative arrangements can also be made for riders arriving /departing from Dublin or other locations. Please contact us for further details.
- 8 to 10 motorbikes
- Guided tour prices starting from €490
- Dates: 19th to 23rd June 2020
A non refundable deposit of €100 per person on completed booking form available on www.truenorthtours.ie will secure your place on this tour. The balance of payment will need to be paid 21 days before the tour commencement.
Please take time to read our terms and conditions.