This tour give you a great opportunity to do your first long tour. The route has been carefully chosen to show you the best of the Scottish countryside. Stunning coastlines and great mountain passes makes for a 8 great days riding.
This tour is suitable for all level of riders all you need is a sense of adventure.
Tour Highlights: Inveraray Castle, Bridge of Orchy, Glencoe, Bealach na Ba (Britain’s highest mountain pass), John O’ Groats , Inverness, Aviemore, Cairngorms National Park and Sterling Castle.
The tour will meet up at the ferry terminal at Larne for the 2 hour ferry crossing to Scotland. We will spent the first night a one hour ride up the Scottish coast in Ayr.
After breakfast we will ride the coastal route north and cross the river Clyde to Hunters Quay. The rest of the day will be spent riding through the glens of western Scotland.
- Hunters Quay
- Glen orchy
The ride out west from Fort William to the coast with Ben Nevis in your mirrors brings us to Glenfinnan viaduct made famous by the Harry Potter films. Crossing over to the Isle of Skye for lunch.
- Glenfinnan Viaduct
- Isle of Skye
- kyle of Lochalsh
The road today takes us across the stunning Bealach na Ba (pass of the cows), one of the highest roads in the British Isles. The twisty road to Shieldaig is a motorcyclist dream.
- Eilean Donan Castle
- Bealach na Ba
Heading north through some the most stunning views in Scotland to Durness for a coffee in one of the most remotes coffee shop. Many of the roads in this are single track with plenty of passing areas.
- Loch Eriboll
- Kyle of Tongue
We visit John O’Groats and Dunnet Head with views over to the Old Man of Hoy on the Orkney isle. Optional stop at Crackaig Castle en route to Inverness.
- Dunnet Head (Most northerly point of Great Britain)
- John o Groats
- Dunrobin Castle
We ride today through the Cairngorms National Park with stunning mountain views all the way. Keep on the lookout for the wildlife especially the red deer stags. Part of route is on a old military road built in the 18th century.
- Lecht ski resort
- Balmoral castle
- Scone Palace
Our final day brings us back to the west coast through the site of the Famous battle of Bannockburn where William Wallace defeated the British in 1314, brought to the big screen in the film Braveheart starring Mel Gibson. We will catch the afternoon ferry back to Larne.
More these below the distance and tour itinerary
- Prices starting from €1,050
- Tour Dates 31st May to 7th june
- 7 nights bed and breakfast
- Daily itinerary
- Fully experience local tour guide
- Fuel and insurance
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Bike hire (bike hire can be arranged at an extra cost)
- Travel insurance (we strongly advise that all participants have their own travel insurance)
- The tour begins at 12 noon at Larne Ferry Port, Antrim.
- Tour finishes at at Cairnryan Ferry Port.
- It is advised that you book your ferry or flight arrival to suit starting time and finishing times
- Alternative arrangements can also be made riders arriving / departing from Dublin or other locations. Please contact us for further details
- 8 to 12 Motorbikes
- Guided tour prices starting from €920
- Date : 30th of May to 6th June 2020
A non refundable deposit /€100 per person on completed booking form available on www.truenorthtours.ie will secure your place on this tour. The balance of payment will need to be paid 21 days before the tour commencement.
Please take time to read our terms and conditions.