Terms and Conditions for Guided and Self Guided tours
True North Bike Tours Terms and Conditions – Tours
Terms and Conditions for Guided and Self Guided tours.
1. These terms and conditions apply to all guided and unguided tours and are an addendum to our normal rental Terms and Conditions
2. At the time of booking a tour, a deposit of £100 must be paid.
3. The balance of the tour price must be paid no later than two weeks before the tour commencement date. If the balance of the tour price is not paid by the required date, True North may cancel the tour and retain the deposit.
4. A full refund can be obtained 4 weeks before tour start date.
5. Once a tour has commenced, no refund will be made if the customer curtails the tour or, for any other reason, does not complete the tour.
6. The customer may request amendments to the tour and True North will use its reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests and will inform the customer of any additional costs or other changes to the tour which are required. Any such costs will be paid by the customer before the commencement of the tour.
7. All accommodation provided will be provided in accordance with the tour proposal made by True North to the customer and all other services and tour information will be set out in that proposal. True North will not be responsible or liable where aspects of the tour are not available due to the acts of its suppliers or due to mechanical breakdown or adverse weather conditions.
8. True North will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the tour is provided in accordance with the tour proposal. Circumstances may occur which are beyond its control whereby this is not possible. Such circumstances may include (but are not limited to),civil unrest, industrial dispute, unavoidable technical issues with transport, closure of ports, airports or other
transport infrastructure, exchange rates, terrorism, fire, volcanic activity, flood or other adverse weather and natural or nuclear disaster. In the event of the occurrence of such circumstances no refund or compensation will be payable and the tour may be cancelled or curtailed. Customers will be responsible for their own costs including meals, accommodation and transportation.
9. True North or its agents will not be liable for any personal injury, death or illness howsoever caused unless due to its gross negligence.
10. Customers must satisfy themselves that they are competent and have sufficient experience to ride the proposed tour
11. Customers following guided tours must ride at their own pace and not attempt to follow the group or tour guide, if that means that the Customer is riding outside of his/her capabilities. At regular intervals the guide may stop to allow customers riding behind catch up to avoid the need for reckless riding to keep up with the group.
12.Customers must obey the speed limits and at all follow their own judgement as to safe riding route.
13. Customers riding on our tours agree that they are doing so entirely at their own risk and they and their assignees will not take any claim against True North Bike Tours in respect of injury, death, loss or damage.
14. True North’s liability for loss, damage or other financial penalty due to its acts will be limited to the tour price.
15. True North and the customer accept that communications via email will be accepted by both parties as binding where agreement is indicated.
16.This Site contains links to websites operated by third parties that are not under our control and are provided to you for your convenience only. We make no warranties or representations whatsoever about any other website which you may access through this Site or any services that they may provide. If you choose to access a website beyond our control, you do so at your own risk. In addition, use of any such third party website may be subject to your acceptance of additional terms and conditions.
17. These terms and conditions are subject to the Law of Republic of Ireland and the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Terms & Conditions for Self Guided and Guided Tours
All itineraries and GPX files will be emailed to your one week before your trip starts. Bernard, our lead rider, will also meet you personally during your tour to make sure your trip is going well and provide you with any extra tips and information you may need.
Our guided tours are ideal for those travelling in groups, meeting new people, and having a guide and structured daily schedule. We take the hassle out of planning your holiday for you and our expert guide rider is at hand to point out places of interest, to organise the day’s itinerary and to assist with any breakdowns.
Our guided tours usually run with 6 – 10 people and dates for these guides tours will be posted regularly to our website and Facebook page. Like our self-guided tours, our guided tour packages also include high quality accommodation with breakfast handpicked by us, a day by day itinerary which includes route maps along with interesting (and some little-known) insights into the areas you are visiting, True North Bike Tour souvenir t-shirt, and optional bike hire and transfers if required.
While most of our customers choose to bring their on bike, we’ll happily assist you with bike hire if needed.